Tuesday, November 11, 2014

And Now That We're Dreamless

As part of my life-is-so-miserable-but-I'm-still-going-to-try series, I have my first entry that opposes the same. Ok, maybe it's the first step towards. In no manner is this post to be taken as whining or complaining or cribbing. It's just me, talking, being realistic.

Ever since I was 13, I had this one goal, this one dream. I have no idea how the seed was plotted in my head, but that became my only aim in life. Even if I didn't express it explicitly, deep down, I sort of knew what I wanted. And I worked towards it, if not giving it all my time and effort, at least some of it did go into that.

Cut to age 22. With hard work, perseverance and with some good luck, the dream did come true. The journey was difficult, something that I questioned at many points, but somehow I didn't give up. It felt good. Sweet. I enjoyed every bit.

Till I turned 25. You see, the dream had now been fulfilled and it was well, practically over.
Needless to say, I had not really imagined the same, the beyond and the after. From 13-25 I had not once thought that there will be a time when I'd have to think of a future, a something. * Wish I had been better prepared* It's equally difficult to explain this to anyone or expect someone to understand. It's something one experiences I guess.

I'm now at this point (and I say it very objectively) where I don't know how to dream or what to dream. It's scary and gives me chills, but I'm hopeful. Something will trigger a goal or a dream soon, and I'm eagerly waiting for it. It's not to say that I didn't enjoy the journey or the dream. Both were lovely. Made me a stronger, better person.

Perhaps its time to get up, smell the coffee and look around.

(As I write this, the song Dream a little dream of me, is playing softly. )

I'd also like to thank the three students who didn't take up the offer and I got the chance. Secretly, the universe does let you get what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment