Thursday, September 2, 2021

Showdowns : Day 2: Sep 02, 2021

I'm a huge fan of showdowns. They are like the relief one feels once they have used the washroom after a long road trip!

While uncomfortable, uneasy and at times, painful, showdowns clear the air very well. I feel they are needed every now and then, for that one person to just let it out. I've witnessed many showdowns- some intense, some not so intense, some that lead to change, and some that let things remain the same.

Last night's showdown was good. I felt good. Sounds mean, but at least there was some acknowledgment, communication, and the beginning of the burst of the bubble. Of course it was the kind that led to nothing, but there's hope. More showdowns or more communication- anything would be much appreciated!

Nowadays I just want things to be out in the open. Multiple showdowns will help. At least things will be out. Like my most fav mentor says, over-communication is always better than no communication. In this complex setup that I'm currently in, showdowns are feared, ignored, and brushed under the carpet too. If there is no communication, of course, showdowns will be considered this way. I really hope that someday whenever they happen, they become normal and everyone feels okay to communicate.


No comments:

Post a Comment