Sunday, January 15, 2012

Planting Happiness

Im excited! My plants are growing! And Im enjoying every bit of gardening and taking care of them! I wanted to start with just tulsi (basil), but decided to grow more! One day I happened to just put some dried pudina (mint) in a pot and it started to grow! I want to have a huge garden someday and take care of a lot of plants!

M always has loved plants, our house was always full of them. They got more preference over us and our dogs too! D and I tried our best to not do the dirty work, but we did enjoy watering them. M at times shared memories of her talking to plants, teaching them and scolding them. She always spoke to them, and told us that they grew better.  M's M , I believe was a huge fan of plants too. Even her house was full of them, and a lot of people I have met over the years, told me how beautiful her house looked because of them. Pity, I never got to see them.

Whenever we moved, M used to be sad, because she had to either leave them behind or she knew that they would wither or die while the transfer happened. B always consoled her and got her new plants when we moved into a new place. I have vivid memories of putting newspaper in the backseat of the car to keep the plants on, and M driving away, beaming with smiles, because of the plants. M always appreciated people's plants more than people's homes! Even at our home, we had a few specified corners for plants and the plants had nice baskets and brightened up the room (and M's face!)

D took to this in her house, and recently had a really nice garden at one of her apartments. Incidentally D's MIL has what you call green fingers. She's also a huge plant lover and that can be seen in the way she handles them. I love her garden-y house!

My plant list comprises of a croton, tulsi , pudina, jade in hanging pots (my favorite since I was a kid), a plants whose name im not sure of and lemongrass! None of my plants could have been possible without the care and concern of the man friday of the residence, GB.

So, I dont find it strange that Im also loving plants and wanting to grow them and take care of them. Its all in the genes, and Im so glad that it is!  I wish I can have that huge garden M's always dreamt of and passed on that dream to me! I have never been happier.


The Croton! Its grown the best so far!

The coming-back-to-life Mint

Jade Twins

Tulsi and the I'm-not-sure-of-its-name

Tulsi ji. I think I was one in my past life

Lemon Grass. Its growing with full pride

The outside of my door

3 comments:

  1. this is beautiful!! i love all of them, its so cute your little gardeny verandah.. esp their names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great write-up....looks like your M's M has distributed her green fingers between U and Dee. Keep the Green Flag growing!

    ReplyDelete