Monday, January 2, 2012

Reliving New Year Evenings

The new year has begun and the one that went by, was probably one of the best I have ever had. New years and new year eve's havent been a huge thing with us kids of the C family, though I have always selfishly wanted to 'dance the night away' and be all oh-so-cool about it!

This year was different and in some sort of way, very lonely. It was one of the first times I was away from anyone even close to the C family. All these years, I have been with different permutations and combinations within the C family or the ex-C. B always made sure that New Years was special in its own way, no matter where we were. M was never a huge fan of going out and partying all night, but she did it a lot of times for our sake and we never appreciated that even once. It was always what we (rather I) wanted and not anyone else. D and AD have always been the fun and cool kinds, and its only through them that I have had so much fun in life (true story). With each of them I have had special and truly memorable moments. 

There was this one new years eve that it was just M and me alone, B was not home, D was married and in  her home, and it was just the two of us. I was studying for one of the so called most important exams of my life and it happened to be new years eve. Since going out was not something we both wanted to do, M decided to do something special. She made what I loved most, sizzlers! M's sizzlers were talk of the town at one point of time and she always put her heart and soul into. Making them for just the two of us was honestly quite a impractical idea but M did it. And she did it just how she would do it for on a special-not-at-home basis. It was the works, there was the proper sizzler, with beautifully steamed vegetables and wafers. The sizzlers sizzled as we ate them in our excitement, enjoying every bit of it, with M and I talking about anything and everything, sipping our cokes and munching on wafers. This was followed by dessert ( which im not very sure what it was) and soon it was 12, we hugged each other and called B , D and AD and went to bed afterwards. 

What touched me the most was the fact that she did make an effort and did whatever she could, we could have just spent it watching TV and eating regular food. It was probably one of the best new years eve's I had ,with M and also the most cherished ones, that will always last forever  I dont know if M will remember this, but I always will. 

So spending this one alone, without any of the C's made it harder for this year, but certainly did remind me how lucky I was. 

2 comments:

  1. Am smiling... ear to ear!
    love u... miss u...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah munzi, I remember it vividly...it was a beautiful NY eve! thanks for reviving the memories!

    ReplyDelete