Monday, January 30, 2012

Support and Supporting

As kids, when we fell down, hurt ourselves and cried out loud, M always picked us up, hugged and  comforted us and then wiped our tears. If however, we created a scene and cried more, she told us to keep quiet and not act and be strong. This was probably what gave us, especially me, so much strength and the ability to be strong and hold myself together, no matter what the situation.

Whenever any of us were going through a bad phase in life, me especially, M always gave me the strength to believe in me and to get through the entire thing. M encouraged us to let it go out of the system, even if we had to weep and forget it, we did do that. Even if we had nothing much to do and were bored and stuck, M supported the idleness and appreciated it. Until the middle of last year, I always thought that life had nothing to new to offer and nothing would go my way, till it changed and life changed drastically, for all of us. And I couldn't be happier.

M has always been a support to all of us and in some way or the other, and we (more like me) have never acknowledged or thanked M for this. I mean it never struck me. Such a pity. Today I realised, when we spoke and that she needed a ear to hear her out and someone to support her, I was missing. I could feel guilt ripping me apart as it struck me that  how selfish I have been, never ever thinking about M and what it must be for her. I do hope that M gets through this idle and not-so-productive stage and beams with happiness.

Its a shame that I have been so selfish but I have once again realised that M has always been my greatest support and even though its a little late, I do hope Im always there for M, as a support, if nothing else.


No comments:

Post a Comment